Newsletters & Blogs
Now that the year is well underway - what does 2012 hold for us all?
Well, the year has begun, as each one seems to, with a mixture of hopeful anticipation and pondering expectation what will be good, what will be bad, what will we enjoy and what will we dread?
Each of us lives in 3 circles, the circle of the individual, the circle of the group or the team and the circle of the organisation much of what we experience this year will be determined by the way our roles within each of these three circles interact and develop as the year progresses.
So what is in store for us in each of our circles?
Here are some of my own thoughts (gleaned from also looking at what others have said)
Top 3 Individual trends for 2012:
1. Health with the exponential growth in lifestyle diseases (e.g. diabetes, high cholesterol etc) it is up to the individual to fight back (no-one can exercise on your behalf) personal fitness programmes will continue to explode;
2. Education to stay ahead is to move faster than the pack! Education is another area individuals will need to fight for themselves in homework is no longer restricted to school days, learning is no longer something we get behind us but something we need to do daily;
3. Technology well all move to (or want to move to) tablets while someone somewhere thinks of the next thing to captivate us be aware of the technology for technologys sake bandwagon as the marketing of technology continues to shift from function to aspiration.
Top 3 Team/Group trends for 2012:
1. Adaptability change is the only constant (a cliché that is also true). Teams will be challenged to make the right changes retaining their core values while adapting to new functions and behaviours;
2. Leaderless teams the emergence of new types of teams and teamwork will challenge traditional views on authority and hierarchy these teams may be structurally leaderless, but leadership remains a necessity that they will have to find (in all their members);
3. Outcomes performance will more and more be measured on outcomes. In every team what a person contributes to the required outcome will determine their value! The danger is a shift from the human element to the resources/capital element the continuing de-personalisation of work.
Top 3 Organisational trends for 2012:
What circles can I help with this year?
I am focusing my training and consulting for 2012 on the circles of Strategy, Governance and Leadership to assist individuals, teams and organisations mature in all three.
· Strategy because so many organisations and teams fail to achieve what they set out to do. We provide training, consulting and facilitation in the fields of Strategy Formulation and Strategy Implementation;
· Governance failures in governance (responsibility, accountability, fairness and transparency) are currently evident all around us, private, public, governmental and non-profits are wrestling in this area. We provide training, assessments and consulting across a range of governance frameworks structures, risk, policies, integration with strategy and performance and the like;
· Leadership ultimately both strategy and governance are leadership/people issues without the right people doing the right things at the right time, in the right way the potential for failure looms large.
Have a great 2012.
|Back||Back to top|