Newsletters & Blogs
Information you simply cannot afford to ignore - SINK or SWIM New Companies Act Seminar
Attention: The Directors/Decision Makers/Management
“The SINK or SWIM New Companies Act Seminar was very informative, it is good to know which requirements to comply to, there is lots of work to go back and ensure the company complies which is a good thing”. (HR Director –Crane Builders and Repairs)
As a Director (Manager) do you spend enough time and effort working “on” your business? Not “in” your business but “on” your business! Most Directors simply do not and cannot find the time to be the “architect” and “designer” of their businesses. In the new corporate environment this will prove fatal – all Directors need to understand their roles and responsibilities under the new Companies Act, along with the roles and responsibilities (and avenues for redress) of the other stakeholders in their businesses. Ignore this at your own peril!
Within the next few months everything you ever knew about how business works in South Africa is going to change. The New Companies Act, aimed at modernising and streamlining the South African business environment is due for promulgation. This new Companies Act (together with the KING III Code of Corporate Governance for South Africa) impacts every area of business and it is essential for all business people to familiarise themselves with the changes and areas of impact so as to prepare themselves for a whole new way of doing business. Every change creates either a challenge (with associated costs and risks) or an opportunity (with associated benefits). This seminar will provide you with the handles to assess and act on both.
What others have said about the SINK or SWIM New Companies Act (Is it still safe to be a company director?) Seminar;
- Highly Recommended (Director – Foster Wheeler SA)
- One of thebest and most practical seminars I have attended. Excellently presented. Time and money well spent! (Johann van Rensburg – Independent Financial Advisor)
- Knowledge is good and it was conveyed in a professional manner – insights are valuable.
- Very Innovative and what I like most is that it is pre-emptive and not “after the fact” (Emerald Veldtman – Managing Director PRISM ERP Systems)
- Roger elegantly clarified all fuzziness regarding the New Companies Act and stressed the importance of good governance (Managing Director – Chemical Manufacture and Export)
The SINK or SWIM: New Companies Act (Is it still safe to be a Company Director?) Seminars is aimed at helping Directors (Manager and Members of CC’s) come to grips with the challenges in adapting to this new environment – as well as to identify the opportunities that come with the change.
What will the SINK or SWIM: New Companies Act Seminar give you?
- A snapshot of the New Companies Act, highlighting its intention and content;
- A very practical application that looks at how the Act addresses your;
o Company Structure
o Companies Internal and External Relationships
o Key Governance Issues
o Reporting Requirements
o Strategy when things could turn for the worse…
- Insight into some of the main areas you need to address – while you still can!
- Some ideas and strategies looking forward…
- You simply cannot ignore these changes – or leave it up to your accountant or auditor to implement any changes required, the changes are extensive and as a director or decision maker you are liable for knowing and implementing them.
CLICK HERE for more information and booking details (Pretoria and Centurion Venues) for the SINK or SWIM: New Companies Act Seminar to be held during November 2009. In order to book your seat/s please complete the booking form and return to us as soon as is possible. Group rates apply to groups of 5 or more – please request a Group Booking Form from us.
SINK or SWIM: New Companies Act Seminar Dates (November 2009):
- Wednesday 11th November 2009 (Innovation Hub, Pretoria)
- Tuesday 17th November 2009 (Innovation Hub, Pretoria)
- Thursday 19th November 2009 (Lwazi Conference Venue, Centurion)
See more on our site www.sinkorswim.co.za
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries – or require more information in this regard.
This is a BUSINESS CRITICAL issues that no-one in business can afford to ignore.
Specialist: Strategy and Facilitation
SINK or SWIM Cutting Edge Seminars
082 881 3717